But, what is a Social Network? Basically, is a platform that allows the interaction among people who share interests. Each user can create its profile, contact other users, and share information through the platform.
Even through we used Social Networks for fun, we can also use them as an educational tool since we can create a specific group for our students were we share information related to our course. Some of the benefits of using social networks in class are:
- It allows to share information immediately.
- Allows permanent contact with our students.
- Inmediate comments and feadback.
- Interaction between the teacher and his or her students.
- Interaction between classmates.
Wikipedia. Social Networking Service.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_networking_service